As time approaches, dang it is tough to let go at times. Getting ready to hang it up after mucho years and 13 years in a support supervisory role. Last week I acknowledged to myself at least, as I was wielding my lightsaber (yeah, right – well that’s MY fantasy), that there are some battles I need not fight – I will let the next person decide whether it is worth their time… or not. So I turned off the power (my lightsaber is green, BTW, just in case you were wondering – I always think I’m the good guy), stuck it back in my imaginary holster and will contemplate retiring that old lightsaber as well, at least as far as speech therapy goes. Now, me spouse will probably tell you that I have the d*** thing out all the time, slashing and jousting clumsily AND that the saber is RED, by golly!
Then the next day dawns (or the next hour) and that blasted - pun intended - lightsaber somehow finds its way BACK in my hand and I am slashing and cutting all over again. Then the next moment I am spaced off into retirement haze, thinking - eeeeehhhh, I no gonna do dat.
Reason and life tells me that this too shall pass. As soon as I am gone, I will be GONE and able to move ahead with ferver and anticipation. AND the folks that have enjoyed my support and leadership will soon be in the next phase... and that is as it should be. When all the years shake out, life ain't about work - now if I can just remember that when I am fuming and gnawing about someone not following MY dream. How we become a legend in our own minds....... back to reality - don't take yourself too seriously.
Welcome to the Penguin's Ponderings
Mostly the meandering thoughts of a plain vanilla recently retired gal that likes to read, travel, and is establishing life now with new rules and a new environment with a trusty spouse that is a best friend as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now, Heather, you did a great job over the years. The powers that be will be and things will change whether you were in the position or not. So much of what we used to do I saw as part of a dream. I saw us doing things because of a mandate or lack of funds more as the last few of my years unfolded. You won't regret a thing!
Post a Comment