Over the weekend spent time with our son and his family - terrific son, great daughter-in-law and 2 adorable grandsons that are under the age of 5 years. There is nothing like children to make you have fun in life - especially when we are not able to see them very often - every minute becomes absolutely timeless and magical. At times they wear their parents out and wear on their patience - what energy! Those boys are original, creative, and so very literal. I honor every minute I get to spend with them and with their Mom and Dad.
Family - relationships so complicated.... for the most part, the older I get the more I realize that our family unit did a pretty decent job and we enjoy each other most of the time.
A friend was talking yesterday about a colleague that had a "nanny" arrangement and sent their baby out of town for the work week... She said, " I could not do that, no one is going to screw up my kids but me and my husband." How true - we WILL ALL screw up our kids to a certain extent. My prayer is that we gave them the tools, the faith, and the guidance to be able to forgive us and to value family for the comfort and peace, overlooking all the garbage we inflict on each other.
Sweet weekend with fishy pillows, the Wii game, pizza, blankeys, bowling, the Polar Express, race cars....
Welcome to the Penguin's Ponderings
Mostly the meandering thoughts of a plain vanilla recently retired gal that likes to read, travel, and is establishing life now with new rules and a new environment with a trusty spouse that is a best friend as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment