Welcome to the Penguin's Ponderings

Mostly the meandering thoughts of a plain vanilla recently retired gal that likes to read, travel, and is establishing life now with new rules and a new environment with a trusty spouse that is a best friend as well.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Quilting bees - or not

Getting ready to make a small scrapbook for a friend... Those scrapbook decisions are just so funny for me. I can look at a student and make recommendations from testing, but give me some colored paper, photos, sayings on stickers, and an album and you would think I was responsible for solving the oil crisis....
Scrapbooking..... making cards... the 21st century version of the quilting bee I think. A chance to do something somewhat useful - there ARE those that would argue that point - and get together as women to laugh and chitchat. It works so very nicely when you have a compatible group...

Email received about the lesson of the geese - nice power point, with a powerful message. Geese in V-formation travel as a unit - efficiency and support. What a great reminder of how we should function AND what we can learn from the nature of God's creation. Ahh those times when family can function AND support each other - we have some of those all-too-familiar family issues, but for the most part - our family can enjoy each other. I have been around long enough to know that ALL families are dysfunctional (anyone who thinks that is not true is either too young to know better or in denial), but ours seems to be able to enjoy each other for brief periods of time. For me, I am happiest when I am with family or dear friends - preferably our children - both of them and their families - my first choice. Gotta love on those precious people as much as possible.

No comments: