ARRRGGHH! As I was sulking in the car today feeling sorry for myself because no one takes me seriously and no one makes me feel intelligent and needed anymore, my angel said softly, "Uhhhh 'scuse me sweetie, WHAT is YOUR problem????" Suddenly, I am just plain old embarrassed - seriously how many times a day do I think I am in "charge" and of WHAT, just exactly????
Ahhh - reality checks - grateful for the times that I DO listen to that little angel voice in my head telling me to straighten up and quite behaving like a 2 year old wanting a cookie.
As much as I believe that the Lord is my guide, I certainly want to cut off the trail and lead myself waaaay too often. Beyond that, Eleanor Roosevelt said it best, of course. "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission."
Crabby, cranky pity party - Sometimes I fall so easily into those, but thankfully, someone comments, or that still small voice picks up the velvet hammar and has a go at me.
It is all about the voices in our heads. What do we listen to? It ain't easy, but we can choose which voice gets our attention.
Welcome to the Penguin's Ponderings
Mostly the meandering thoughts of a plain vanilla recently retired gal that likes to read, travel, and is establishing life now with new rules and a new environment with a trusty spouse that is a best friend as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have you so far beat on the crabby, cranky, pity-party thing, it's no contest! I had an endoscopy on Friday. Not a problem, huh? Well, I can't drive for 24 hours. Garrett is leaving town at 5:00. I can't lift over 10 lbs. and I'm not to anything strenuous for 48 hours. I have had this cough and sinus crud for about a week. Then I find out that I can't have any pain killers for 3, count them, 3 weeks as my head is pounding out a beat! I was in a big pity party. I'm sorry I didn't know you wanted to be a guest at the party. Love ya, dp
Hey, now mine was a half truth but mostly meant to be funny. Call me sometime and we'll put together a pity-party with laughter, I hope. Love ya, dp
Post a Comment