Welcome to the Penguin's Ponderings

Mostly the meandering thoughts of a plain vanilla recently retired gal that likes to read, travel, and is establishing life now with new rules and a new environment with a trusty spouse that is a best friend as well.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Hair cuts

Another week in a new place and we are lovin' it. Of course the forming of relationships will be the telling of how this all shakes out eventually, but for now - it is a great start. So many neat places to discover - days trips and side trips.

Got the first haircut today with a (YIKES) NEW person. Ain't it crazy that getting a new hair stylist can cause stress - oh come ON now, maybe docs and dentists, but getting your hair cut - please - what's to fret about?. Okay she (Nicole) did a wonderful job, so from where I am sitting at the moment, the shorn locks are no big deal, cuz it's done and I like it. Two hurdles this week - the first doctor change and a new "hair cutter". Ahhh, the little things that make life easier. I have also almost figured out where everything is located in the nearest grocery store.

Where did we ever evolve to the point that hair styles matter? Although, if cave man beat woman over the head and hauled her back to the cave by her long hair for a rather primitive "marriage" ritual, then I am certainly all for females with short hair! And if you saw a pic of me, I do have short hair. But I wonder why we allowed ourselves to get so durn picky about our locks...... if I like short hair why can I not just grab the scissors (another cool invention sometime way after cave man) and hack away. Somehow I know I could never make mine look like Marie's cutoff hair (played by Franka Potente) in The Bourne Identity. But if you are having Matt Damon (as Jason Bourne) cut your hair - who cares what it looks like?



1 comment:

Donna said...

You are right! I am anxious for Garrett to get back for more than one reason. The biggest reason is the AIDS epidemic in Zambia and Garrett with his hands in their mouths. Frightening for me--he did say he was going to double glove at least.
I guess I had one of your experiences today myself without having to move. Dr. Plummer moved to the VA July 1st. So, I've had to get busy and get us doctors. I cried before going this morning and I cried when I left the new office. It isn't the same as with a family doctor whose been with you through all the diagnosis and decline. Dr. Plummer's receptionist and I got to be good friends over the 12 yrs. She held me as I boo-hooed when I went to pick up our records. It will take some time to build a level of trust that we had with the Plummers.

I'll be checking for the pics from you, Crop Top.
Love ya!