Where does the time go? I am a living example of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." A spring and a summer are pretty much in the past and while thinking all kinds of lofty thoughts (yeah right), I never quite manage to blog those fine, lofty thoughts. Or maybe they are just my meanderings - yep that's probably much closer to the truth.
Finding my way in Lawrence is a slow process, but it is happening. Seems to me like sinking roots (planting roots??) in a new place takes 4 to 5 years. Of course in a small town we will always be newcomers, but we are in plentiful company. I am grateful for family here and a longtime friend who moved here about the same time we did.
Since March, have had two of my best friends visit (Easter and then after Mother's Day), gone to spend 9 days with our grandkids and babysit - oh what warm memories; Hannibal, Missouri - home of Mark Twain; visiting Mike's family; having our son and his family here; and a trip to Tennessee and surrounding area with family. Woven through that are swim classes, book study, and doing stuff close to home.
Fall arrives tomorrow, I believe. It has been too hot, too long this summer, but not terribly unexpected, just terribly disliked. Soooo thankful I live in the age of air conditioning, I am spoiled and I know it!
Life is good, thanks, Lord, for my oh-so-many blessings!
“Now that i am Old and Gray…” Psalm 71
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment