Welcome to the Penguin's Ponderings

Mostly the meandering thoughts of a plain vanilla recently retired gal that likes to read, travel, and is establishing life now with new rules and a new environment with a trusty spouse that is a best friend as well.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

untitled

Do I know the ravaged messages of the wolf? seldom, almost never.
But I mourn for those I love that have fallen to the wolf - there is no why, no reason

But I know.. I watch... the wolves inhabit some that I love,
and others I do not know,
people on the street - perhaps on the way to work, to school......


dark and light; day and night
both a part of each of us.
dog and wolf, the inner self
dog and wolf dwell within, which do we feed?
how does the wolf become king?
where does the dog hide?
starve the wolf or so we believe.
gentle, kind, humorous, intelligent, loving, seeking is the dog.
dark, angry, in turmoil, seeking to destroy is the wolf...
destroy the gentle, the kind, the loving in self and in others.

the head pounds, the voices of the wolf abound - pounding, lunging, tearing, despair.
the dog fights to ease the wolf's destruction, snarling at the wolf, licking our wounds.
the wolf retreats for now.

Cold nose, nuzzling, comforting nudge, soft fur, warm tongue -
the dog allows surrender to the light - the day - the good.

a peace - intermittent, restless with friends, family, laughter, love, fun
When does the wolf lunge from a corner or rock of the mind -
tearing through the brain as a wolf pack now races, snarling, ripping,
tearing through the arctic of the mind.

Not now, wolf. But when?
How to stop the wolf ------ peace

No comments: