Welcome to the Penguin's Ponderings

Mostly the meandering thoughts of a plain vanilla recently retired gal that likes to read, travel, and is establishing life now with new rules and a new environment with a trusty spouse that is a best friend as well.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home

Wow - it is now March! Time certainly has a way of sneaking up the back stairs and marching right past me. We are getting closer to being settled in our new town (after being here since June). Finalized plans with a builder this week and should start construction on a small 3 bedroom home in the next week or so. It is a relief to have a plan in place and to think that we shall be settled in less than 6 months.

It seems quite strange to feel so at peace in a new community. (Although I did grow up about 150 miles south of here) Previous relocations have involved a long period of adjustment for me to feel comfortable in the new surroundings. Here I feel as if I have truly come home. I don't know many people, although I am beginning to make some contacts. I am ever so very grateful for email and Facebook and cell phones to keep in touch with dear friends. there remains much to establishing a nest, but the feathers gathered so far feel very comfortable and peaceful.

Monday I returned from a wonderful, fabulous trip to the southeast coast - Charleston, Beaufort and Edisto Island South Carolina as well as Savannah, Georgia. It was a magical week of discovery and history and beautiful surroundings with one of my very dearest friends. We were both ready to be back with our husbands and families although we do so much miss having time together. As I stepped off the jet in Kansas City and saw the familiar Kansas Jayhawk gear and even the Missouri Tiger stuff, I marveled at how at home I felt. I was just tickled pink to be back in this cold weather and HOME.

No comments: