Welcome to the Penguin's Ponderings

Mostly the meandering thoughts of a plain vanilla recently retired gal that likes to read, travel, and is establishing life now with new rules and a new environment with a trusty spouse that is a best friend as well.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Flood stage

So much has happened since I wrote last, that I feel life is at flood stage.... all good for the most part, traveling, welcoming a new granddaughter on July 21st, spending time with a best friend, more traveling and time with close family.....
The miracle of birth. .. Newborns always cause me to marvel at how humans are made. Looking at those little people as they arrive in our world, a peace descends and a quiet marvel of observation pervades my being. Watching and feeling tiny hands grasp my finger, feeling their light weight snuggle into my arms, listening to gurgles, sighs, and cries, watching a baby sleep and the facial expressions during slumber AND when awake.

Perhaps being able to see the human body in miniature and in an early stage of development elevates my level of wonder at the creation of us. In contrast today I got to hold and play with a dear friend's 5 month old and I reflected at the difference in cognitive organization from our 4 day old granddaughter to this beautiful red-haired "almost" 5 month old. How they start visually tracking, crossing midline, learning to smile, learning to clap, reaching.

I am not concerned with the debate between evolution and creation, how that worked is all up to God and I am not convinced there is a conflict there - it seems to me that often humans have way too narrow a view of what God can accomplish - we try to fit His way into our extremely limited understanding. Bottom line for me - the miracle of birth always reinforces my deep belief that there IS God and that He does love us.

No comments: