The name of a film I just watched is "Happy go Lucky" - a Brit flick and character study of a "happy" gal that irritates the thunder out of many of the people that cross her path. A teacher, apparently a good one, with a single life in London. She wants everyone to be HAPPY! As the plot progresses, it becomes obvious that Poppy is much deeper and mindful of those around her that it first appears. Great flik - I recommend it.
However, it strikes me that I am pretty happy go lucky myself and very lucky to be in that position. Right now life is so simple and I cherish each day realizing that life can change so suddenly. Thankful I am to have this restful time in my life.
The sunrise, sunset, color of the leaves, a butterfly, birds overhead, cats and kids chasing each other - only a few of the simple pleasures. It's nice to be able to notice.
Welcome to the Penguin's Ponderings
Mostly the meandering thoughts of a plain vanilla recently retired gal that likes to read, travel, and is establishing life now with new rules and a new environment with a trusty spouse that is a best friend as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds interesting. I probably need something a bit light-hearted. Garrett says I need to find the silver lining in my situation. It isn't that there won't be one someday when you look back and you aren't in the thick of it, I hope. I think he doesn't 'get-it' and doesn't live it 24-7. A good light-hearted movie would be nice + a few days with the grandchildren. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment